#story My Escapades In The North 30

That weekend was wonderful. I woke up
the next monday morning refreshed and
energized.
I went to work and had a class that day. It
Zainab's class. During lectures, I noticed she
was not concentrating. She was busy gisting
with her friends, something she never did
before. **Can you imagine **. This is what
happen most times when you have a
student - 'lecturer' relationship.
In the past, I had never had anything to do
with female students I taught. **I no even
come know wetin dey wori me now...**
After the class I told her I wanted to see
her...
Me: What wrong with you?
Zee: What do you mean?
Me: I've been calling your phone and
sending you messages, but you've not been
responding...
Zee: Ohhh... So sowie, I've been busy...
Me: **Huh shocked ** Really you've been busy
Zee: Who were those girls you were with
that day?
Me: Ohhh, so that's what this is all about,
right?
Zee: You've not answered me...
Me: ** angry Forming anger angry ** So if you see
me with girls, that means I have something
to do with them?
Zee: You know what, I have a class now, I'll
talk to you later...
Me: shocked Seriously
She walked off leaving me alone in the lab.
That evening, I was still in the school
premises walking to join the school shuttle
when a car that had passed by me reversed,
stopped and honked.
It was my Schedule Officer.
Malama Aisha (MA): Dioxidane, how are you?
Me: Lafia lau walahi... Yaya aiki?
MA: **Laughs** Lafia kalau... Yaya jindadin?
Me: shocked **Smiles** Ha, me I don't know that
one o...
MA: **Laughs** It means how's enjoyment...
Me: Ohh... Walahi ba jindadin...
MA: **Laughs** Where are you headed?
Me: I was going to join the shuttle to take
me to town...
MA: Come in, I'll drop you. I just wanted to
drop something at the bursary...
Me: Oh, thank you ma...
And I hopped in...
On our way back to town, we were talking
about various things when she asked me
how I was enjoying my service year. I told
her it was boring...
MA: Haba mana, why would it be boring?
Me: It's the town na. There are no cinemas,
no clubs, few bars...
MA: **Laughs** And your girl friends?
Me: She's not in town...
MA: So you don't have any girlfriend in
Katsina?
Me: Uhhmm, not really...
MA: Why not really?
Me: We are just friends...
MA: Ohh, I see...
Me: So how about Alhaji?
MA: Oh, he is very fine...
Me: Hmm, that's good. So we would still
meet tomorrow?
MA: Yeah... Let me have your number so that
I would call you to tell you when you would
come...
Me: Ok ma...
Before she got to my place, I dialed her
number from my phone and it rang on her
phone...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suspected Badoo kingpin, Alaka speaks out

President Jonathan To Be Served Impeachment Notice On Dec 3