Shocking! Thief Removes Neighbour's 7-month Pregnancy with Kitchen Knife (Photo)

The victim, Mrs. Onyinyechi Chinaka
A heartless tenant has done the unthinkable to
his pregnant neigbour in a bid to cover his evil
deeds. Mrs. Oyinyechi Chinaka a pregnant
mother of two was reportedly stabbed several
times by her neighbour (names withheld) in
Mushin area of Lagos. She was left to bleed to
death with her unborn baby severally stabbed.
She is recuperating at the Lagos University
Teaching Hospital (LUTH), Idi-Araba, but she
lost her seven months pregnancy.
According to Vanguard, trouble started after she
allegedly caught the neighbour stealing money
from her purse and, not wanting the woman to
expose him at number 11, Anjorin Street,
Mushin, Lagos, the suspect was said to have
stabbed Mrs. Chinaka with a kitchen knife
severally on her stomach, arm and neck and
left her to bleed to death .
The mother of two could have died but for the
timely intervention of neighbours who went
looking for her and called for help after they
saw her lying in her room in a pool of blood.
While neighbours were at a loss about what
happened to her, the assailant went about as if
nothing happened until he was found out by his
elder brother and he confessed to stabbing Mrs.
Chinaka .
Mrs Chinaka narrated the ugly incident on her
hospital bed. She said: "I was at home that
fateful day when my children came to me in the
kitchen where I was cooking to say electricity had
been restored, and that I should come to the living
room to play a cartoon video, called Power
Ranger, for them. I left what I was doing and
went to operate the television for them. But to my
astonishment, I saw the neighbour in my room.
He was going through my purse to steal money. I
caught him red handed. He was shocked .I said, '
So, you are the one stealing all the money that
has been missing in this compound'. I was
shocked because I trusted him and we had never
quarreled before.
"I usually left my children with him and he
entered my house the way he liked, but for him to
be stealing was shocking to me. As I was still
talking to him, he ran out of the room and before
I knew what was happening, he came back with a
kitchen knife and told me that he will stab me
with it. I thought he was joking but to my shock,
he moved close and, as I attempted to escape, he
held me and started stabbing me with the knife .
He stabbed me until I lost consciousness. I did
not know what happened next. I only found myself
in hospital and, after surgery, I was revived. My
husband told me that I was stabbed and would
have died but for God's mercy. I could not feel my
baby anymore. I was seven months pregnant but
my baby was not kicking".
Explaining more on what happened and how
they got help after the ugly incident, Mr. Henry,
Mrs Chinaka's brother-in-law said: "When we
heard that she was stabbed, the family rallied
round and rushed her to LUTH. Doctors told us
that she had to use the only ICU machine but a
lot of people were on queue to use it. We ran
helter skelter to look for money to deposit for her
treatment. We had to deposit N500,000 and we
have spent more than a million naira on her
treatment but nobody knew who stabbed her and
she was on life support machine for months .
Unknown to us, the assailant's elder brother had
reported him to the police at the Olosan Police
Station and the police had charged him to court
for attempted murder without carrying out
thorough investigation nor did they visit the
woman in the hospital",
"We have been prevailing on the police to include
the case of murder in the charge against the
assailant because the woman lost her seven
months old pregnancy due to the stabbing. The
baby is in the mortuary but the DPO of the Olosan
Police Station and the IPO are not ready to
cooperate with us as they went on to charge the
boy to court without hearing from the family of the
victim. We are appealing to the police to revisit
the case and amend the charge to include
murder. We want justice to be done." Henry
said.
A human rights activist, Mr. Ishola Agbodemu,
urged the police to get justice for the victim,
especially in the light of the lost pregnancy.
"If she had not been stabbed and made to go
through such a terrible experience, she would
have given birth to a child by now. The child's
murder should not be overlooked by the police",
Agbodemu said.
In his statement to the police, the suspect said
he was pushed by an evil spirit to stab Mrs.
Chinaka.
"I went to her house to steal money. She caught
me but a spirit told me to stab her, so I went to
the kitchen and took the knife and stabbed her
with it. I stabbed her because I did not want her
to reveal to other neighbours that I am a thief. I
fled the house when I saw blood gushing out. It
was my brother who exposed me. He saw a cut
wound on my hand and he questioned me where I
got it. I had to confess to him that I used knife to
stab Mrs Chinaka. My elder brother took me to
the Olosan police station and I was arrested".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suspected Badoo kingpin, Alaka speaks out

Photos: Meet Dominique Chinn The Hottest Babe On Instagram

Big match feature: Sudan v Nigeria... all you need to know